BROWN BUTTER NUTELLA SEA SALT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(Continuously adapted from I don't know what because I have been making them for that long)
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat whisking somewhat continuously until the butter begins to brown. Once the butter has begun to brown and gives off a nutty aroma, remove from heat.
3. With an electric standing mixer or a hand mixer, blend butter and both sugars. Add the egg, vanilla and yogurt and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and chunks.
4. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll into approximately 1.5 inch balls. Place two inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Gently make a thumb print in the center of each cookie dough ball. Scoop a small teaspoon of Nutella into each and then fold the dough from the sides back over the Nutella. (If you need to grab a little dough off the bottom to completely cover the Nutella, that's OK too.) Roll back into a ball if need be. Flatten the tops just a tad.
7. Bake for about 12-14 or just until the edges begin to turn golden. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.